You are here
What’s in it for the School?
- Certified Healthy is a tool to assess where your school stands on supporting health
- By becoming a Certified Healthy recipient, you will receive recognition as a school that goes “above and beyond” to create a healthy, nurturing environment.
- Certified Healthy Schools have an opportunity to improve the whole school, whole community, and whole child by providing a learning environment that encourages healthier students and employees, thereby allowing them to increase both learning ability and productivity.
- Certified Healthy School award recipients are invited to a special recognition luncheon. Over 1,000 invitees attended the most recent luncheon.
- Recognition as a Certified Healthy School allows for opportunities to apply for grant funding to support initiatives that fall within the application criteria.
- Certified Healthy School recipients gain community recognition and can show their contribution to the health of Oklahomans by displaying their awards.